Monday, October 8, 2007

Radiohead - No Surprises


No Surprises

Amazing video. I can still remember the first time I saw it. I had that freshly in love high where you cannot sleep and caught it around sunrise. It is the only time I saw it aired on TV during OK Computers release. The small format does not do the video justice nor does it convey how hard it was to make it. Thom was wearing a device that filled with water as he held his breath. You can see the reflection of the teleprompter scrolling the words to keep time as they had to speed it up so he didn't have to stay under as long as it appears. Still it is impressive and I can't believe he did it.

This is a clip from the documentary Meeting People Is Easy so you can see what they went through to make this video. I'm impressed as hell Thom even considered it. Can you imagine how many takes it took?




Meeting People Is Easy, No Surprises shoot

Both Ok Computer and Meeting People Is Easy are available on Amazon.com

videos courtesy of youtube

No comments: